Should You Worry About Bed Bugs Yet?
Bed bugs have been all over the news lately, and the stories from major travel destination cities are causing people in other areas to wonder if they should be worried about it back home? The simple answer is “yes”! Bed bugs are a common pest, and everyone should have a certain level of awareness and education just like we have with other common household and business pests. However, it is harder to stop them from taking up residence in your home or office than one might think, making it especially important to be knowledgeable about these pests.
There are many misconceptions about bed bugs which can lead to greater problems getting rid of them. Some of the common myths include:
– Bed bugs can only be found in beds. In fact, they can live almost anywhere and are often found near where you sleep and can live in linens, drapes, and in between walls, but they are able to live on almost any surface. This is one of the reasons they are so difficult to eliminate.
– Bed bugs are a sign of being dirty. These pesky critters are just as happy to make their home in a clean house as a dirty one, so having them should not be something you are embarrassed about. It is a problem that can happen to anyone.
– Bed bugs can be eliminated with a spray. Unfortunately, due to their ability to go long periods between feedings and live in a variety of conditions, they are difficult to eliminate with most traditional methods. In many cases, fumigation is necessary.
An ounce of prevention… Best Florida Insecticide
There is an old saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and the same is true when it comes to this subject! However, this is easier said than done, but following these tips may help:
– Be wary when travelling. Hotels are easy places to pick up bed bugs, so check your room over carefully. Even if you don’t see any problems, do not place your suitcase on the bed or upholstered furniture – use the luggage rack instead.
– Wash all clothing in hot water after travelling. This will kill any unexpected passengers you may have picked up on your trip.
– Call a pest control specialist as soon as you suspect you might have a problem. The sooner Neem Oil Bed Bug Spray Recipe you catch them, the easier it will be to eradicate them from your home and belongings.
– Be careful about any clothing items or other goods that have been left at friends’ houses. Due to the stigma of these pests, your friends may not tell you if they have had issues themselves!…