Various Ways to Effectively Control Fleas
In order to control fleas in your home, you have to deal with the 4 stages of a flea’s life cycle. Dealing with each life cycle is the only effective way of controlling flea infestation in your home. There are several methods regarding home pest control which will be discussed to you throughout the article which are effective in controlling fleas.
The common conception of “more is better” is not applicable in dealing with fleas as this can harm your pets. These anti-flea products are made out of chemicals and synthetic products that can significantly harm your pets and even you and your family if used excessively. It is important to check the label before purchasing products and read on the label on how it should be used. More important is to find some organic pest control instead.
Adverse reaction from medication from fleas can occur to your pets even after applying the adequate amount, when this happens, do not waste time and call your vet immediately. On the first attack of fleas, a flea bath is a good remedy to this problem, this will be the time where you pet will have a large number of visible fleas sticking on its body. Flea shampoo, unfortunately, is not an everlasting solution for your flea problem, flea shampoos can only effectively get rid of fleas in a day or less and re-infestation is possible.
Another solution would be chemical synthetics such as flea dips, this solution can not only get rid of fleas in your pets but mites and ticks as Can Bed Bugs Bite Through Leggings well. But this again is chemicals and is not advised to be used when not necessary! Flea dips will have long lasting effects of 1 to 2 weeks,
A protective material can be applied to pets against fleas; these are flea sprays and powders. Flea sprays and powders can give protection to your pets in a span of 2 to 3 days. It is advised to pick a flea spray or powder that offers protection against eggs and larval development of flea.
The visible flea you see in your pet is only the 10% of the population of fleas in your pet; the remaining 90% are eggs, larvae, pupa, and some adult fleas are unseen. Getting rid of the 10% itself will not eradicate your flea problem at all.
Vacuuming is also effective and helpful in eradication of fleas. This can clean off adults, larvae, pupae, and eggs of fleas even before Importance Of Pest Control they develop. Daily vacuuming and proper disposal of the vacuum bag can increase the chance of getting rid of fleas completely.
Insecticides may also be applied but preferably with the aid of a professionally trained exterminator. Before applying the insecticide, remember to make sure that no pets or people are in the area, and also don’t forget to tightly cover all food in the area. Be extra cautions especially if you have children in your home. Proper application …