9 Roach Control Tips for Your Home or Business
1) Schedule routine home pest control from a professional exterminator / extermination company. A professional can help identify vulnerable areas in your home and develop a customized plan to treat your home for roaches and other pests. It’s quick, easy, and it’s a cost-effective way to keep your home safe from unwanted pests.
2) Regularly clean up after yourself and your family members at the dinner table. Never leave plates of food, or dirty plates on tables or around your home. Immediately place dishes in the sink and wash them or place in the dishwasher. Don’t leave them in the sink for long periods of time either, as that can also attract bugs, including roaches. And of course at the office, mandate that your coworkers clean up after themselves.
3) Make sure to regularly sweep, mop, and vacuum your home as bugs and particles such as dirt can enter your home unintentionally. This will help avoid a buildup of those unwanted elements.
4) Regularly clean out your pantry. This will include unloading all contents out onto your kitchen counter. Make sure all products and packages are sealed one by one. Dust and disinfect your pantry, including all shelves. Discard all food that is old or packages that have been opened before putting packages and foods back into your pantry.
5) When opening packages of food and other cereals, place those opened items in an air-tight ziploc bag or use a large clip to keep contents fresh. Leaving boxes open for roaches is like leaving your front door wide open – it practically invites intruders from entering your home.
6) Regularly bathe your pets to avoid attracting bugs from outdoors (and to keep your home from smelling bad). While it may be impossible to clean them every time Orkin Pest Removal Reviews they go outdoors, brush them off with a wire brush or other type of brush to remove dirt and other bugs that may have collected on your dog or cat’s coat.
7) Make sure to bathe your children daily, especially after playtime. Avoid having them sit on the furniture after they have just come in from playing outdoors.
8) If you have young children, make sure to clean up any crumbs from their meals. Make sure they don’t eat snacks in their rooms. Let them know that dining is only Insect Prevention Home to be done in the kitchen. If your child eats snacks in the family room or living room in front of the TV, make sure to clean up crumbs and spills immediately.
9) Routinely clean off your couches, lifting up all cushions and vacuuming any crumbs that may have slipped through the cracks. Also move the couches themselves, along with chairs and tables, so you can vacuum the area underneath. You’ll be amazed at how many bugs, dust, cookie crumbs, pieces of candy, coins, pet fur, and children’s toys can accumulate under there.…